Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My daughter, Abby's, 5th birthday invitations

Boy, does time fly! Especially when it comes to kids. Seems like just yesterday she was small enough to fit between elbow and wrist. Now she's my beanpole! And she grew another whole inch in the last month! I keep teasing her that we're going to put a brick on her head!

This birthday was all about butterflies. Ask Abby what she wanted for her birthday and her first answer was *a butterfly cake*! So I sat down with her and designed these butterfly cards using the God's Beauty hostess set for her invites. I used Versamark ink on Whisper White card stock to stamp and emboss the butterflies. I then let Abby choose 3 colors (Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink and Orchid Opulence) to sponge on top of the butterflies. I used a baby wipe to clean the ink off the embossed butterflies and then stamped the *You're Invited* (not a Stampin' Up! stamp... GASP!) in the corner. Simple and perfect for her butterfly birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment