Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Egg cards


I just LOVE the way these turned out!
I first cut out a template for the Easter egg by folding a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" piece of cardstock in half lengthwise and freehanding an Easter egg shape. Then I traced it onto Bashful Blue and Whisper White and cut them out. You can't really see it in the picture, but I sponged the Bashful Blue egg with Bashful Blue ink. Then I cut the egg with a jagged line (like a broken eggshell) and adhered the bottom half of the egg to the Whisper White egg, lining up the edges. I placed the top half on the Whisper White, lining it up with the bottom and used the paper piercer to poke my hole for the brad on the side so that it swings open. I finished by embellishing my card with a Scallop Circle Punch of Delicate Dots DSP, a circle of Bashful Blue CS and a Sahara Sand stamped deer from Forest Friends on Whisper White. I added a little Bashful Blue flower from Flower Fusion and another Vintage Brad to the Scallop Circle then adhered them to the egg. I made sure I only adhered the scallop to the top half of the egg so that it would still swing open. Each one opens to reveal a Happy Easter greeting!

1 comment:

  1. I Love this Card, Thank you for giving me one... it was Cutest Easter Card I got this year!!!

    Rubber Hugs.....
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete